Sunday, March 28, 2010

new flea market discovery

Went to a new town and found a wonderful flea market with great finds.  I didn't buy much.  What I wanted wouldn't fit in the car anyway so I will have to go back with my hubby and the truck.  I did find two big picture frames for my memo boards for a buck each and a beautiful pale green cut glass candy dish.  I realized last week when I had guests over that I don't have any pretty serving dishes that are not made out of plastic hardly so that is my new mission.  You can find beautiful glass serving dishes and small dishes to serve pickles, condiments and other little dishes in at almost every second hand market you go to.  Most finds are way more valuable than what you would find in a upscale store and are probably a lot more intricately designed.  I would rather pay five dollars than twenty five for a nice piece of glassware any day of the week.  Anyway, that's about as exciting as my week got.  The two year old and I did have an excellent outing and she was in good spirits most of the day.  The restaurant visit was a little scary.  We had a fight over her gulping down her sugary drink and a huge fork that she could poke her eye out with, but that was about it.  We did get to meet the Easter bunny too.  That was fun.  She was a little nervous about the huge furry creature, but at least sat down by him and got her pic taken.  Turned out too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment