Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Five Dollar Chair!

So... today I thought I would go over to the big flea market building in town.  Last time I had been there it was just a big building with very little stuff.  Well.... Now it is a Big Building with a LOT of Stuff.  Lots of crap too, but there are some nice finds if you look hard enough.  The two year old fell asleep about 10 minutes into the scavenger hunt so I got to look without worrying about her throwing a tantrum over some germ infested toy that she might see.  I did however have to haul all 25 pounds of her throughout the maze of booths for about an hour, but it was worth it for the shear fact that I got to look uninterrupted.  And...in that uniterrupted hunt for a diamond in the ruff, I found an old but quaint wooden chair for just five bucks!
Can you say 5 bucks?!!! That is an awesome find I must say.  Anyway, I think I am going to paint it black and put some kind of padded seat on it.  or....it might look nice white with some kind of pink satin sash strung through the spindles.  Who knows?  I just know I got a good deal!

1 comment: